Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another emergency


Last Saturday, right before camp, I lost my camera case. I had to come up with a replacement really quickly.

I measured the camera carefully and wrote down the measurements, but...
I'm always worried that things will be too small so I added an inch or two to each measurement and, of course, ended up with something way too big.

It was a happy accident though because the too big pouch allowed me to put my lip balm, sunglasses, notepad and a pen in there. This was pretty much the only thing I had to carry around camp. Perfect!

The pouch/wristlet is three dimensional with a single narrow panel running across the bottom and sides, and then, of course the zipper panel on the top. I used cotton batting and stipple quilted the front and back. (click on the photos to see more detail)

The little drawstring bag in the bottom of the photo is for spare batteries. I figured if they roll around loose they'd scratch the camera.

19 comments:

  1. Nice case. I may have to try that myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet bag! How do you manage to make something so beautiful in the last moment? I love the fabric with beetles and bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed, it would take me weeks to sew something like this. I love the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do sew very beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great solution to your camera bag emergency. I don't know what your other camera bag looked like, but this one is lovely. The idea of a little drawstring bag for the batteries is clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time I have an emergency I am so calling you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love the fabric too! I'm the same way about worrying things will be too small... and then they end up too big...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bag and adore the fabric. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't ya love being able to whip something up? I love to make things and can't remember a time in my life that I haven't sewn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a smart think to make! And such cute fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clearly you are excellent at emergencies. I love your camera bag AND your little red cross bag. Very cool for both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a happy little accident!
    love your wristlet, and the fabric is wayyyyyy cute! XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both camera case and emergency bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable! I really like the idea of having the batter bag separate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I noticed on my trip that my camera bag is ripped on the inside. I may have to borrow your idea and make us a new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've had camers cases on the brain lately, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the wristlet. still have to try making one of those. I love the size that yours turned out to be, though. it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your new camera case is wonderful! I have a standard black camera case that works very well - my sweetheart doesn't mind carrying it. I'd love to make something that's more 'me'. You've inspired me to put it on my list of projects. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete