Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Temperature Quilt - Planning 4

Are you ready? If not, that's OK. It's never too late to start.

I'm SO excited about the success of the Facebook group! I feel like this will be a wonderful place to share, ask questions, and stay motivated and on track.

Today's question:

Where do I find recent weather data?
I recommended the NOAA website for historical data for planning purposes because it allows you to download spreadsheets. It won't, however, really work easily for more recent temperatures.

In 2019 I used Weather Underground but in 2020 I found weather.com, which is The Weather Channel's page and it has worked really well.
You can see a whole month's minimum and maximum temperatures in one, as well as precipitation and even whether it was sunny or cloudy.

Here's December 2019 for Des Moines:

The greyed out days are past and the temperatures are the actuals. The days with black text are forecasts.

How do I get here?
Go to weather.com and enter your city into the search box at the top of the page.
When you get to your city's page, scroll all the way down and click on "Almanac" on the right.
It'll default to the current month as in the top picture but you can get data up to a year in the past.
And if you drag the link into your favorites bar, you will never have to type a url again!


I hope this helps. If you have any questions, leave a comment and I will answer in the comments so everyone can see my answers.
Or...join the Facebook group or follow #tempquiltalong on Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. At my blog you can find my tempquilt 2019! I'm not on facebook but like to share it with you.
    Thank you for this great idea.

    ReplyDelete