Thursday, January 14, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I'm buried knee deep in Dear Jane blocks at the moment. As DH said last night, "It's that time of the month". Rainbow Jane time.

I posted updated photos of my original Jane on the "That Quilt" blog earlier in the month, but realized last night that not everyone reads that blog.

Since nothing else is happening around here this week, I'll regale you with those as well.
I've assembled the first four rows!

First 4 Rows at an angle
That is 52 of the 225 blocks this quilt consists of.
I have 166 made.
I love the process of making these little blocks. Never a boring moment. All 225 of them are different. Oh, and only 4.5" big small.
The First 4 Rows
Hope you're having a productive week!

BTW, I posted a yummy recipe on my other blog, which will give you lots of free time for sewing.

17 comments:

  1. looking great!
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is going to be beautiful quilt when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You're the one that is precise! I guess I wouldn't get bored. What a great way to learn a bunch or piecing skills. Can't wait to see it done.

    You gotta bring this to a meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty. Yeah, I still really am going to start one this year. What about natural linen for the background fabric??? (It could be problematic b/c of fraying, huh...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anina! Your blocks are so beautiful. I LOVE the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing - you have gotten so much done! And I love your other blog - that recipe looks really yummy and super easy! Great tips too - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are so cute! Just love the freshness of the colours with white... congratulations on so much progress!

    Hugs - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, you've started assembling. they look amazing together. you must be pleased as punch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are so gorgeous, they're awesome. I am enjoying having the opportunity to see them, after our visit together in Houston and hearing about your THAT QUILT endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so thrilled for you! Your Dear Jane blocks are an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete