Friday, January 25, 2019

Temperature Quilt Along - Week 4

Wow! The last full week of January! Scary, isn't it?
We had our first "purple" day here in Central Iowa yesterday. I never thought I'd get this excited about cold weather. As long as the power doesn't go out...
Doesn't the little purple block look good with the others?

I thought that, instead of rambling on about my quilt, I'd share some pictures of what the other "tempies" (Yes, that's a word. In Italian.) have been up to on Instagram, using the #tempquiltalong hashtag.

I have included links to everyone's Instagram accounts, so be sure to click on each one and visit them to follow their progress. Also note that I have explicit permission from these kind quilters to share their photos. Please don't reshare without permission.

Sarah is making flying geese. She's also decided to use grey for her coldest colors because she's not a big fan of purple. So clever!

Jen's quilt is literally a journey. She is not only recording temperatures but also some other things going on in her life. Very inspirational!
Rachel is doing hexies. I'm a big EPP fan and actually seriously considered doing this for my quilt, so now I can live vicariously through her progress. And her kitties are such prefect props!
Angel is another English Paper Piecer. She's using half-hexies. One half represents the low and the other the high for each day. How much fun are her fabrics??
Beth is making TWO quilts! One for Florida and one for Tennessee. Her other quilts are absolutely stunning too!
Karen is making flying geese but also adding little dottie bits when there is precipitation.
Sue is going bright! I love it! Everything on her Instagram account is cheery, like every Australian I've ever met.
I love the quilts that stray from the expected rainbow colors. Annette's is one of those.
Michele's quilt is going to be unbelievably amazing. She also ventured away from the rainbow and is adding neutrals for precipitation.
Wow! That was a lot of amazing eye candy!

I've decided to discontinue the Linky thingy. My apologies to everyone not on Instagram, but they're just not making it easy for me unless I pay them. If you'd like to send me an email with a link to your blog post, I will add a photo with a link to the bottom of my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment