Thursday, January 24, 2019

2018 - A Look Back - Part IV

I managed to download all my photos from my iPhone to my computer. Now I can share more memories from my non-blogging year.

I've posted about my "Leaves in the Forest" quilt before but I DID actually finish the top in November.

It's a Fall version of my Geese in the Forest pattern with a couple of maple leaves scattered in. As of right now, you can find the pattern and kits in the Etsy store.
Something else I blogged about but then never updated is my Pecking Order quilt. The pattern is from Missouri Star Quilt Company. I made it into an oversized king for our bedroom. As soon as I can get it quilted.

This little quilt had been in the UFO bin since 2010! It's being donated to charity.

On the pattern design front, I've been a little quiet. I did create Boris the Bat around Halloween. The pattern was on Craftsy before the big change and I'm hoping to get it up on Etsy and in my newly refreshed and updated (so excited!) online store opening soon.

Our quilt guild has a retreat in the Fall (and one in the Spring) and I always try to take simpler projects because I know there will be a lot of talking and not a lot of paying attentions. The snowmen were in a panel I won as a door prize at a previous retreat. It even came with a pattern!

Last but not least, I made this little owl wall hanging for my mother-in-law who loves owls. Since I'm not a "batik person" finding the right fabrics was an adventure, mostly at the Quilt Festival in Houston. I love how he turned out.

Okie dokie, I think that takes care of 2018. I actually accomplished much more than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment