Friday, January 18, 2019

Temperature Quilt Along - Week 3

Wow! I really hoped to sneak in a couple of "regular" blog posts this week. Somehow all my iPhone photos are not showing up on my PC, so I'm trying to get around that problem.

But enough about that. This is a Temperature Quilt post. Can you believe we're at the end of the third week???

Are you still keeping up or have things fallen a little by the wayside?
I have to admit that it's getting a little harder for me to do this every day, but I'm giving myself permission to fall a little behind if need be.

We have some trips planned this year and this is NOT a project you can do ahead of time...

I am planning a couple of giveaways for motivation though, probably at the end of each month, so be sure to keep an eye out on Instagram and this blog.

I've actually sewn together the first row of my quilt! As I mentioned in my last post, I've changed my plan a little.

My blocks for this week (minus one because I haven't had time to make yesterday's block):

Here's my plan for now. My quilt will be 19 blocks x 20 blocks, which gives me 380 blocks - 15 too many. I'm adding 8" (4 blank blocks) at the beginning and 11 blank blocks at the end. The beginning blocks will have the year appliqued. I did this yesterday and clearly have to redo the "2" because it's basically invisible.

At the ends, the "snake" curves its way back over from right to left. I'm on the fence about the dark triangles but I haven't cut the fabric so I can always remove them.

And that's basically where I'm at.

Now, let's share!
(I'm still a little iffy on this linky thing. I may just ask you to put a link to your post in a comment and I'll add them somewhere for everyone to see. If you have an Instagram account, I think that's still the best way.)
1. Be sure that, when you are filling in your information in the Linky form below, you include the URL to your specific post or photo, not just your main blog or profile address. I need the address of the page where your photo and/or post is, not the whole account.
2. You can share blog posts, Instagram posts, Pinterest posts, and photos on Flickr. You CANNOT share Facebook posts.
3. Please include the following link in your post, which will allow everyone to see our shared posts: https://twiddletails.blogspot.com/2019/01/temperature-quilt-along-week-3.html
4. And...please use the hashtag #tempquiltalong.
Inlinkz Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment