Friday, February 1, 2019

Temperature Quilt Along - Week 5

And that's it for January!

Here in Central Iowa we had 7 days where the minimum temperature was 0 degrees or less. And 1 where the high temperature was 0 degrees or less! (That's -17.78 in Celcius!)

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe. It's supposed to be close to 60 degrees here on Sunday. That's ORANGE!

Today I want to tell you a funny story...

After I made my first couple of blocks, I asked my hubby what he thought of my idea. He said they were really cute, but they looked like...

...condoms!

Seriously? I attributed it to the fact that men have one track minds, but it stuck in the back of my head. That, and the fact that the little creases showing through to the front was bothering me a tad already.

This is why I started cutting away some of the background fabric as I showed in my YouTube tutorial. This helped a whole lot and will be just fine if you make a quilt with the circles here and there but this quilt has A LOT of circles.

This is what I'm doing now:
Everything is the same up to where I cut away the back.
After that, I cut a circle out of batting the same size as the appliquéd one on the block.

I then insert this through the gap, making sure that is behind both the background and circle fabric. Be sure to hold it in the center so it doesn't move.

So much better! Someone on Instagram said they look like "Beat the Buzzer" buttons but I'm totally OK with that.


Remember when I hinted at a giveaway? It's coming. I will announce the details on Instagram later today or tomorrow and also send an email to all quilt along followers, so keep an eye on your inbox.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I am never going to be able to un-see that image. But on a bright note, you did motivate me to pull out my unfinished temperature quilt from 2016.

    ReplyDelete