Friday, March 14, 2008

There she is....

...Miss America!

Jo has arrived and has already earned her keep by quilting 3 pillow cover tops.
She is amazing! I don't know how I lasted this long with Bernie. No offense to her. She was born before machine quilting was even a twinkle in anyone's eye, and really did well considering that fact.
All I can say about Jo is, "WOW!".
While I had the tripod up in the workroom I thought I'd take a couple of photos.
I have received questions about how I manage to be such a quick responder to comments and emails. Well...

...my sewing machine and my computer are practically attached at the hip.
A parting shot - my so-called inspiration board. There's clearly not much inspiration going on around here at the moment.

Have great weekend everyone! (I'll be quilting)

Pin It!

19 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

Hooray for a new sewing machine!

Katie Jean said...

There is some major envy over here!! I wish I could come play in your room. It looks so lovely!

Have fun with the new machine. It looks wonderful!

Kieny said...

She's looking good!

Jen said...

Hummm...I'm looking closely at that inspiration wall and I believe I see plans for TWO Dear Jane quilts!!!

What gives?

Jacquie said...

Man oh man...it's beautiful! Happy National Quilting Day...give Jo a pat from all of us!

house on hill road said...

have fun with your new toy!

de vliegende koe said...

Nice to meet you Jo!

Cheryl said...

You lucky, lucky girl :) As I was pulling up your blog on my laptop, I had Martha on the tv & she was featuring a designer Narcisco Rodriguez. Well, he was showing his design process & guess what all of his machines were....yep...Jo's sisters! She's a beauty, now go have a ton of fun.

amandajean said...

she is a beauty! so glad that you are enjoying Jo. :) I read your comment over on sew mama sew, and I am so happy to hear that you like the JUKI.

I am giddy for you!!! I really am!!!

LivingTheLife said...

Well...WELCOME to JO...I know you are loving having her around...not to say that you love her more than Bernie...just in a different way...Right? Love your inspiration board and your whole set-up in your "creative place"...I want a similar set-up for my new home...computer included!

blessings...
Teresa

Jackie said...

Congratulations to you and Jo! It will be exciting to see all your finished projects!

iHanna said...

a new sewing machine, what a treat! I would love to try a real quilting machine too, I loooove the look of qulilted fabric!

Pat said...

Wow! She is a beauty. I hope that you get lots of time to spend with her this weekend.

Stephanie said...

I just ran across your blog today- i love it!

Cristina said...

Great craft room! The machine is beautifull.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What a beauty!

Mary Jane said...

Oh dear Juki. At one of my many jobs I operated a Juki buttonhole machine. I even have a nickname, still in use by some,from that time: Juli-Sue! Good thing I didn't include that in my blog's name.

Chara Michele said...

Yay for a new sewing machine :)

Sylvie said...

What a great machine! Congratulations!
Could you give me her reference, please? I would like to buy a new sewing machine that can quilt!
Thank you.