Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Monday!!!


Warning: This may long and winded.

As you may know if you read this little blog regularly, I pretty much spent every spare minute last week quilting the Stash Dash Quilt. About 1200 minutes, actually.

My Bernina is about 15 years old and every minute of this, I really worried about her ability to do this much sewing in such a short period of time. I love my Bernie, and do NOT want her to give up the ghost. She makes wonderful buttonholes, and sews a beautiful blanket stitch. And a replacement will cost thousands. I need a strong sewing machine that'll be able to free motion quilt for long periods of time without getting stressed out. This way I can save Bernie for the "special" things and not overexert her in her old age.

I remembered Amanda raving about her machine and contacted her for some details. I researched online and did some pricing. I then put my argument to the dear hubby and guess what - he agrees! So today, I'll be ordering this baby.

I have been banned from quilting on Bernie, so I'll be making tiny things this week...

As you can see, I did finish Stash Dash. It's dark and raining outside. These photos are as good as it's going to get today, I'm afraid.

Yes, I did do the free motion stitching in black! It was six of the one and half a dozen of the other. Black would show on white and white would show on black. Since the backing is black, I went with that. Don't look too closely.

18 comments:

  1. That looks like a might fine sewing machine. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks amazing and I love the free motion stitching you've done.

    Congratulations on ordering your new machine, so many hours of fun ahead for you in using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...as usual another beautiful piece. I am THRILLED for you that you are getting a new quilting machine...how wonderful for you and your sweet little Bernie...those are some of the best machines made in my opinion!

    blessings...
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful! The quilting looks good.

    I am in the same boat as you. Hubby just okayed the purchase of a new machine and I'm doing my homework... So very exciting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new sewing machine is something to get excited about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray for new machines! your quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let us know how the new machine works for you. I'm sure Bernie will welcome a partner. I think your black thread choice was a good one. Love the quilt as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very impressed! You did a great job! I hope your new baby will have everything you wish for! The table looks really good, I might have to buy a larger quilting table for my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting a new sewing machine. We use some Juki brand equipment at work (not sewing machines, but other stuff) and they are fine pieces of machinery. Their customer support is pretty teriffic too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite quilt is finished, hurray!
    And a new sewing-machine! Congratulations. I love my new sewing-machine, every minute, every stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic!! I love your quilt! You really did a terrific job. You should be very proud of Bernie. But what matters in the end is your happiness. I am happy to hear you are getting a workhorse of a machine for quilting....terrific and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your quilt is lovely! I love the orange with the b+w. I think your quilting looks fantastic.

    I hope you love your new JUKI as much as I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my Bernina too! Your quilt is beautiful - love the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your new sewing machine that's so exciting! The quilt is lovely Anina you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy for you to get the quilting machine - you will have hours of fun, I'm sure!!

    The Black lines look just great!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be anxious to hear how you like your new machine, Anina. Did you purchase it at a local shop? I've put my search on hold until we make our move. Hopefully, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good on ya! A dream machine. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete