Yay! I finished a quilt!
After I finished the binding, it had to go in the wash for "puckering". I love that puckered look and it softens up the quilt to make it more snuggly. This was a tense moment since I don't pre-wash fabrics and colors sometimes run. Fingers crossed...
This was 100% a stash quilt, so by binding time I had pretty much run out of fabric. Then smarty pants decided to piece the little binding pieces on the diagonal because that would look really, really cool. 270" of binding strips very quickly turned into 200". Be warned! More fabric scrounging ensued, this time pieced straight. Finally - 260" of completed binding.
I'm very, very happy with how this turned out, considering the mish-mash of fabrics that went into it.
Why, I even put a label on it. My very first quilt label. Ever.