Monday, March 3, 2008

I've been busy

I didn't mean to take such a long break between postings. Setting up the Dear Baby Jane group took a little more effort than expected. It's all done now and I'm back.

I have been working on something.

Yes, you're right. It's another quilt-a-long quilt top. "Why?", you ask.
It goes like this. I thought that 12 blocks wouldn't make a big enough quilt, so I decided to make "echo" blocks with fabric that matched the fabrics in the original blocks and add them in, which would make a nice sized quilt. When I laid it all out, however, it looked absolutely horrible. Hence, another quilt. And I really love this one.

2008 is going to be the year of home improvements. When I first set foot in this house five years ago, I hated this fireplace with its almost non-existing mantle. Here's the before:

The boys got a great start this weekend.
Stay tuned for the after.

16 comments:

  1. I love this quilt too. Great colors. It looks so Spring like.
    Two quilts were a huge undertaking.

    Love the fireplace even as is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 'before and after's, can't wait to see your finished transformation. And the quilt top is great btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilt top is absolutely fantastic!!! I love the pink and green. (go figure!) the borders are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so anxious to see what changes are going to happen with your fireplace. Our fireplace is horrid compared to what you have. The stonework goes to the ceiling and no mantle at all. Yucky!

    I love the colors in your quilt.
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is so lovely. I think you make different choices once you know the blocks. Isn’t that funny? I love the first one very much though!!
    You are soooo busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 2nd quilt! I can't wait to see the after photo of your fireplace and mantle. I am sure it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the 'after' fireplace and mantle. We had to live with a fireplace and nearly non-existent mantle for too long before we could re-do it. Now it's so wonderful I still can't believe it over a year later. You can see pictures of it on my blog, if you want. I'll be back to see what yours looks like. I know it will be wonderful. And you will love it. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two quilt-a-along quilts...now that's double the fun. I love the colors of this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely second one! I love the colors.

    Good luck on the home improvements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colours in this quilt - good luck with the renovations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see the results from the fireplace-fixing!!

    The quilt looks great, you make it look SSOOO EASSSSYYY!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilt.

    My fireplace is exactly the same as yours...though it's filled with a smelly big black stove (which The Tramp loves!). We're going to rip the whole thing out when we move the kitchen so I'm going to have to live with it for a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the quilt top!

    I can't wait to see the after.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting! Home improvement is my favorite subject! I can't wait to see the after shot.
    Hugs,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete