Friday, June 15, 2007

Take Two

After a couple of hours of walking back and forth past the bag with the skew handle, and shuddering each time, I had to do something about it. Moving the handle would have involved undoing basically the whole thing, including the zipper. This was NOT going to happen. I was not quite that desperate. So I took my sharp little scissors and lopped off the handle, resewing it onto the top of the bag. I checked - this is what my current toiletry bag's handle looks like, so it's not too weird. And it is now smack dab in the center of the lid!

After all the bag drama, I needed a quick fix. Erin had made a cute little tissue holder and I figured that sounded simple enough. True to the spirit of the day, however, this turned into a complicated affair too. I followed the tutorial step by step (instead of looking at Erin's version) and ended up with a gaping opening. So more brainpower was called for...

I was absolutely pooped last night, but a little bunco and wine quickly took care of that problem.
Feeling rejuvenated, I quickly whipped up a tote using the daisy pillowcase this morning.

My sewing machine is off to do its penance today and will probably be gone for about a week, which will give me some time to recover from all the recent sewing stress.

10 comments:

  1. I like the new handle and the ribbon/button dangle on the tissue holder is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great now that the handle's in the right place ;) hee hee

    Love the pillowcase tote. Watch out, they're addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like both you and your sewing machine could do with a little R&R!

    I love all of these, they're great, and even more so the creative way you solved any problems with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may have FELT like a chore, but you have finished up with three pretty and successful projects!! Still love the blue daisies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am feeling kind of guilty over here. ok...i omitted the part where i cut the top two rectangles 4.5 x 6.5 to add some overlap. mea culpa! sorry to lead you astray....i do like the button, though. actually, i prefer it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog and I see wonderful projects! Thank you for many ideas! Will visit again ! Greetings Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pillowcase tote! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your pillowcase tote is great!

    and I would have moved the handle as well. nice solution. much better than ripping it all out. (ugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new handle looks great! :) I also like your pillowcase tote... so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog from creative blogs. I was looking bag and had to post when I saw the pillowcase bag. I had that sheet set growing up on my bed - boy do I feel old now!

    Cute stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete