Thursday, June 14, 2007

Like pulling teeth!

I should have known the minute I started making mental notes (about 10 minutes into the project) on what to do differently next time, that this was TROUBLE!

First, I broke 4 needles in less than 15 minutes. Is there a Guinness World Record for that? It all went downhill from there, right down to the measurements for the pattern pieces being COMPLETELY off - as in 1.5" on a 15" piece.

Anyway, here's the result. Everything's skew and the handle is not in the center (because I had to chop off a piece of fabric due to those 1.5").


I'm not sure there will be a next time. And I'm totally scared to make anything else out of this book now.

8 comments:

  1. The bag looks cute from here but how frustrating an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that!! I made a bag last year that just about killed my machine..and all the while I was making it, I thought I know there has to be a better way! I've re-wrtten my instructions incase there is a next time...though it might never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's totally worth it anina. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it turned out cute! but breaking all those needles - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really frustrating! The bag looks great though from here:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that making the bag was challenging but it is so beautiful!!! I'd say it was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't let it get you down! You can do it!

    I'm in The Challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete