Monday, June 18, 2007

Pink! Not Red!

My garden is pink and purple. Very deliberately pink and purple. Until mid-June, that is. Then the dahlias start rearing their pretty little heads. All in red, orange and yellow. The previous owners filled the back garden with dahlias. There was not a bare patch of soil to be seen. I've thinned out the dahlia invasion through the years, but could not bear to get rid of all of them. I love dahlias for the fact that they're such wonderfully resilient cut flowers. If only they were pink and purple...


Remember the Note Taker pattern I was testing for Kathy of Pink Chalk Studio?
I now have my very own copy of the real thing! Thanks Kathy! With Christmas fast approaching, I'd better get my you-know-what in gear and start pumping these out.
Photos of the one I made can be found here.
If you're interested in buying a pattern, visit Kathy's shop.

2 comments:

  1. I got Kathy's pattern and cannot wait to make it! I think the test you did for her might have been how I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the plug! I still love the fabrics you chose. You were an awesome tester and I love your workmanship.

    ReplyDelete