Monday, February 4, 2019

Moda Love Quilt - Kind of

I have SO many WIPs and UFOs I really have no business starting any new projects...but the Moda Love In sew along and the Moda Love Quilt were VERY tempting. I resisted however...until I saw Jane's interpretation on Instagram.

Since I needed a Valentine's Quilt to replace the Tree Lot Quilt still hanging on the wall, I saw this as the perfect excuse to jump in.

I played around with the pattern a bit and this is the final result:
On the wall:

I whipped up this little quilt in less than a day, including the straight line quilting.

My version consists of 3" squares and I added a 2" border to make it fit the existing hooks on the wall. Since I've had a couple of requests for my design, I drafted it on EQ8 quickly.


Also, I have all the Moda Grunge fabrics I used available in the Etsy store!
They are: Vanilla, Gris, Raspberry, and Ocean.

To make my version, which finishes at around 28" x 28" you won't need more than 1/2 yard of each fabric. If you want to add the border, I'd recommend getting a yard of Vanilla. You won't regret it. It's my new absolute favorite neutral.

No comments:

Post a Comment