Friday, February 15, 2019

Temperature Quilt Along - Week 6 & 7

I did not have much to share last week, so I figured I'd skip one...
It seems like there have been quite a few locations where low and high temperatures have fallen in the same range this week. I've had some questions regarding this.

Firstly, this is bound to happen to most of us somewhere along the 365 days of this year. The fewer fabrics/ranges you have, the more likely you are to have repeat blocks as well as blocks where the low and high are the same color. Don't fret.

My advice is to make the block as you would any other block, i.e. don't be tempted to just slap down a single piece of fabric. Even if you're using the same fabric, the seam in the block will give it continuity with the rest of the blocks in your quilt.

This week I was reminded of the importance of liking the fabrics you choose. The green in this dot has been the high color for 12 blocks so far this year! And it's been in a total of 17 blocks.

I've sewn together the first two rows of my quilt! Somewhere along the line I dropped the "snake" idea. The quilt will now read like a book - left to right and top to bottom. I also removed the appliqued "2019". Just didn't like it. I'll come up with something else for those blank blocks.

(I haven't been able to press it properly because I still need to add batting to the circles in the first row.)
I added a teenie weenie little month marker which won't interfere with the flow of the quilt.

We had our first giveaway last week and I'm planning one for each month, so be sure to follow along on Instagram for an announcement (#tempquiltalong).

No comments:

Post a Comment