Thursday, June 25, 2009

Out of control - again

Things are feeling like they're a little out of control over here again. My mom is visiting for five weeks and everything else has be to squeezed in inbetween. I love having her here since I only see her every 18 months or so but, boy, is the routine messed up.

June three by three blocks "almost" done.


June Sew Connected 3 blocks not even started (they're on the list for today)


A runner for my mom that is giving me a load of trouble. I don't normally sew silky slippery fabric.


The above has all lead to this on the kitchen table:

I try to clean it up every night so I can start fresh in the morning.

Did I mention we're having the house painted and I'm cutting all my shrubs away from the walls, which looks AWFUL!?


Maybe this has something to do with my mood. Where's the sun???


At least the hummingbirds seem to be enjoying their food.


Thanks for listening. I feel SO much better now.
(It really isn't all that bad. I just have to breathe deeply.)

14 comments:

  1. I feel you. My mom isn't coming to visit, but other than that -- there always seem to be way too many things to do, right? Good luck with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep breathing! You'll make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the alliums in your backyard are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take a deep breath and enjoy your mum’s stay. All the projects can wait...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mom comes in another 2 weeks. It's like time stands still when she's here. I soooo understand how fun and unfun it can be all at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kitchen table looks like that all the time lol. Don't feel bad I haven't made Johns block either, can't decide what I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, thank you for sharing the same frustrations. i think that schedule changes are hard to change! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breathe in. Breathe out! Life is good and you have some fun stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathe into a paper bag, and then have a good laugh! You will feel better! Remember, it's fun having lots of projects going on AND spending a lot of family time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FIVE weeks you say!!!????!! I DO love my mom, but 5 days would be more than I could handle. Wow, you must have some great relationship with your mom! That is so great. I'm sure she will help you get a lot accomplished too.

    You'll feel much better when the house is finished. Your gardens are just gorgeous. It really does look like you have a lot on your plate. I KNOW how time consuming gardening is!

    Hang in there! This too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, five weeks is a long visit. I hope you enjoy her stay. Good luck in getting it all done and enjoying your mom while she is here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you are quite busy! I hope you enjoy your visit with you mom! :)

    (I was going to see if you wanted to get together next week, since I am actually going to be in your neighborhood but it sounds like you have quite a bit going on :)

    ReplyDelete