Monday, February 2, 2009

Geese in the Forest BOM

February is here and with it, the "Geese in the Forest" BOM.



Tokyo Triangles Quilt Design

I've decided to make mine in solids. Bella Solids from Moda to be exact.
I'm using the colors in yesterday's post.

The first block is "Goose Bumps".
GITF BOM Block 1 - Goose Bumps
You can get the pattern here. This BOM is over but you can buy the entire quilt pattern in here.

There's a lot of information over here, but basically there will be a free block pattern (numbered for foundation piecing (tutorial here), but you can piece them too) every month until July.

On the first "work day" of each month, the previous month's block will be removed and a new one will be available. I will do a blog post when that happens, so if you're subscribed to the blog you should be OK.

In August I will make the final quilt layout diagram available.

If you find this BOM a little late, the PDFs for the previous months' blocks will be available in my store for a small fee.

The quilt has 100 blocks, 6" x 6" each. Some blocks only appear a couple of times and some a whole lot more. I played around with the layout until I came up with one I thought looked good and that's the way it ended up.

I made a little button you can put in your sidebar and link to this post if you'd like.

GITF Button

(If enough people show interest, I will start a Flickr group so we can share.)

Edited to add: I will be posting fabric requirements soon. I ran out of time and wanted to get the block up there today.

28 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this-- I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anina, I am so excited! Yeah, putting the button on my blog now and printed off the PDF. Now when do I start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WIll you be telling us how many of each block we should make? I hate triangles but I love this quilt so much I'm just going to have to go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow.
    i'm going to enjoy watching yall make this.
    :D

    {the ONLY reason i'm not joining in is because i KNOW i have too many irons in the fire.}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I love this. I can hardly wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to making this quilt.

    I have to think about what fabrics I'm using, tho your red, white and green is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to join in the fun. I need to think a little about fabric first though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for another such a wonderful project!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow and wow. The quilt is awesome. But even more thrilling for me is the tutorial on freezer paper piecing. I completed the quilt shown on the photo identifying my comment without knowing anything about paper piecing. I couldn't really find any method I like and THIS ONE IS GREAT. Thank you!! I'll be making this BOM - my first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for making this BOM available. As if "That Quilt" isn't enough to keep me busy now you've given me another fun, tempting project. You are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you know how much yardage we'll need?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for putting this together! I've never done a BOM before, but I think it'll be a good way to not get burnt out and actually finish a project.
    I think a flickr pool is a great idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou so much! I've never tried foundation piecing before, but I've printed out your tutorial and I'm going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fabulous! I'll be joining in too! Even though I KNOW I've bitten off more than I can chew if I add this to THAT QUILT...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is great! I have been thinking about making a quilt like this and with your help, it will be a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are the most beautiful f-geese's I've ever seen. I can't stop staring at them. I love your Geese in the Forest too.

    I love seeing solids. Just somethin' about them, and love that you're carrying the Moda Bella in your shop! Good solids can be so hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool! Thank you for offering a BOM for the Geese in the Forest! I have been in the Tokyo's Triangle group, but still trying to get started. This ought to kick start the creative energy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool Anina! This will be a beautiful Christmas quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, I won't start it right now, but I'll certainly try to get it finished before this years holiday! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi. Thank you for doing this for us. I am a little scared to try it, but really really looking forward to it. Thanks again.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my...i've been admiring this ever since the day you shared it...i told myself no, no tokyo triangles quilt..no, no, no...oh the heck with it. i'm SO making this!!! thanks for sharing. i'm tingling with anticipation!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've decided to do your Geese in the Forest BOM!!! I'm using my CW Reproduction fabrics though!!! The first 6 blocks are amazing!!! Thanks SOOO much for offering the pattern for this quilt for free! While it may not help out the economy, it's certainly helping my personal economy!!! LOL Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. it's so tempting for me to join in, but i don't think i can add one more single project to my list. or i fear i may explode. it sure looks fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  24. just found you and am totally inspired by this wonderful quilt. Thankyou for giving me back my quilting mojo. Can't wait to get started x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just ran across your blog and am completely interested in the quilt and being part of the BOM!

    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't wait to get started. A quick question, if I am making the scrappy version, I need 6.5 yds total? Any placement requirements?
    Meegan

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm a little behind. :-) But I'm finally catching up with my blog reading. I'd love to make all these geese and I have a huge amount of scraps to use up. What fun! Thank you!! :-D

    ReplyDelete