Monday, June 4, 2007

What I made this weekend

Am I the only one who creates rather funny flops around here or just the only one brave enough to post them? Remember this?

Well, yesterday I thought I'd found a great way to get rid of some fabric scraps. I should have known when the pattern called for 3 yards of strips (which makes about one round) that this didn't bode well, but I forged ahead anyway...

Trust me, the photo does not do it justice. Turned upside down and put on your head, it does make a rather nice pillbox hat though.

To console myself, I started a new little project, about which I'm rather excited. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful bowl! And your choice of color and pattern are really excellent. May I ask where the pattern came from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is shaping up to be a lot of french knots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, and I love the bowl! The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny! I almost made this today! Ha! but maybe only flat....Pill box eh?! It seemed easier than sewing...I liked the idea of ripping the fabric...

    ReplyDelete