Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Scrappy

I've been cutting my scraps into strips according to Bonnie's scrap user's system. I haven't gotten very far. It is much more time consuming than it seems.
Since I'm on a fabric diet right now due to some major unplanned for expenses over here (including, but not limited to, Jo), I decided that it's time to make a scrap quilt. A scrap quilt is different from a stash quilt, which "Winging It" definitely was. Scrap quilts require years of accumulated, well, scraps.
Since I seam seem to be teasing this week...

...this is what I have right now.
Off to go cut more 2" strips.

12 comments:

  1. Scrap quilts are perhaps my favorites because I feel like I'm using the money I spent on fabric as wisely as possible. Not that fabric is always wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started down the rabbit hole that is quilting, much to the distress of my husband who is just now getting use to my yarn stash. I love the scrappy look, but it's going to be awhile before I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to me how scrap quilts can look so "planned." Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so curious what you are making with the 2 red prints. Love red!!!

    Does Sydney like the new biscuits??
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great assortment of stash. I've just begun quilting and have taken a real love to foundation piecing.

    I'm currently looking to make a scrap quilt style quilt, and was fortunate to be gifted a bucket of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty. Hope you show us when its further along.. I'm wondering what the pattern will be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is looking pretty. I love how all the scraps are the same tonal value, doesn't make it look too scrappy, KWIM? Rather a planned scrappy look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your scrappy start looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scrap quilt looks so happy! Maybe this is what I need to to to jump into quilting. I'm having cold feet at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many cheerful and sunny scraps! They will make another beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep. It's VERY time consuming. I have a big bin of scraps that I work at every once in a while when a good movie is on. But I wonder if I'll ever get through it all! :-)

    ReplyDelete