Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Yesterday, the hubby and I went cooktop and cabinet shopping. Exhausting, I tell you. We're thinking of redoing the kitchen cabinets and we REALLY need a new cooktop, but it's a little scary to think about the cost of all of this. I have two little door samples sitting on the kitchen counter and I'm not totally in love with either one. What would the cabinets in your dream kitchen look like?

On a brighter note, I ordered some fabric for my Baby Jane quilt online. The teardrop fabric is so I can redo a block I messed up completely but it used up all the fabric I had. The others were experimental because I was doubtful about being able to match colors accurately online. I haven't checked them against my others yet, but they actually look like they might match.

These Midwest Modern fabrics are courtesy of Kathy at Pink by Post. She still has a few Stack Packs if you want to go grab your own.

Pin It!


  1. I'm saving my pennies to do an order from Kathy.

  2. hurray for new fabric!!!

    I'm trying a fabric diet in June. so far, so good.

  3. Love your fabrics!
    I bought some stack packs at Kathy’s!! Love them.
    The note-taker she posted today (yesterday?) is gorgeous!
    I have dream cabinets in my dream kitchen!
    Off white with beech-wood and stainless steel.

  4. Hello - You asked about dream cabinets in kitchens. When my folks built their house 20 years ago my mom wanted the flat bread board look and had a cabinet maker custom make them and her reasoning was because they were easy to clean - flat with no grooves. Then after I got married and had my first house the cabinets had the grooves and I knew exactly what she meant by easy to clean and so when my husband and I built our house 14 years ago I had our cabinet maker make me the same bread board cupboards and haven't regretted it - they look nice and are easy to clean! They are oak and I have handles on them - those you can pick and choose your own for the look you want - I would suggest there again, the least amount of grooves to clean! Just my random thoughts on the subject.

    Jennifer in North Dakota

    P.S. I really enjoy your blog and read it daily - or check each day to see if you have any new entries - thank you for sharing all your wonderful quilts and ideas with the rest of us!!

  5. Beautiful fabric! I forgot to say thanks for posting this. I immediately popped over to Pink by Post after reading your post and ordered a stack. I can't wait till it arrives!

  6. I would have to agree with Jennifer about the cabinets... flat = easier to clean. Of course, if we're really talking dreams here, I'd have a maid to clean them! :-)

    May I ask about the 4 fabrics in the middle of the stack in your first photo? The ones with the delicate tone-on-tone print. Where did you get those?