Monday, May 21, 2007

The quilting gods are frowning

Happy Monday everyone!


This weekend I worked on my mini quilt for Whiplash. I used this pattern, which lead me into temptation and I yielded. I made the top and back, put them right sides together with the batting, sewed all around the edge leaving a little opening and turned the whole thing right side out - like a pillowcase. The quilting gods would NOT approve! It was REALLY easy though.

I just have the quilting to do, but need some advice on what to do in the big white squares. I don't want to distract from the little fussy cut flowers, so I'm contemplating just quilting straight lines from corner to corner in each white square. Too boring? Help!


Oh, and I even pieced the back. I figured, since I didn't have a big enough piece of fabric left for the back and would have to piece anyway, I might as well make it look nice.


P.S. Excuse the bad photos. It's pouring outside and really dark everywhere in the house.

6 comments:

  1. I was thinking of suggesting x's in the squares before I read your whole post. I think the simplicity will be striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's realyl cute! Love the back. I agree with mama up there on the x's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilt is great! I like the orange and green against the white background

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pieced back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt!
    And I think the back is almost more impressive than the front :))

    ReplyDelete