Thursday, May 24, 2007

All kinds of stuff

Yesterday was an all-kinds-of-stuff kind of day.

I picked some roses from my much neglected rose bushes. They have rust and aphids but still manage to come up with a few little flowers. (Check out the old family shot - that little boy is now 14!)

I made a skirt. It took most of the day. I used sew what! Skirts but I think I'm a little too old curvy for this method and had to make a lot of modifications including adding darts in the back for my big curvy butt. But I like it - and it cost a total of maybe ten bucks.

I helped Josh with "The Jell-O Experiment". This involves making "fake" Jell-O with absolutely no flavor and testing it on people to see if color associations make them perceive a flavor. (The good thing about having a hippie for a son is that I can take pictures and post them everywhere since no one will be able to recognize him anyway.)



...and I made dessert. It was yummy!

4 comments:

  1. I like the (old) family photo!

    I love your skirt. I need to check out that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're "embracing" your curves! Us (older) curvy girls have to do that!! cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute skirt :) And I'm tempted to lick my monitor - I love apple pastries! What was the result of the jelly experiment? No one at our house wants to eat jelly unless it's RED. That's the only colour it should ever be!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jell-o experiment is a very good idea. I'm going to keep the idea in my hat in case we need a science experiement around here!

    ReplyDelete