Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Sampler Spree - Week 9

Only one week left! This week's color is grey/black. How do you spell it? Grey or gray? I grew up in a country where we were taught "British English", so lean towards "grey".

I skipped block 60 because I just couldn't figure out how to cut the sections without wasting an enormous amount of fabric. I have NEVER not been able to figure out how to make a block so I'll definitely be getting back to that one.

I also accidentally made a block in navy during "navy week". Oh, well.




The blocks are:

  • #7 - Fan Blades
  • #13 - The Kitchen Woodbox
  • #25 - Dandy
  • #38 - Summer Solstice
  • #44 - Winter Panes
  • #51 - Whirligig
  • #52 - Wheels
  • #60 - Market Square
  • #66 - King's Crown
  • #79 -Double Plain
  • #104 - Roman Stripes

Tips:

1. How to assemble Block 44:




2. An assembly sequence for Block 79:





3. Block 104:





I hope these help.

Here are my grey/gray/black blocks:







Moda's blog post is over here.

It's not too late to join in:

1. Join the Twiddletails Quilt Alongs Facebook group (free projects will be uploaded here.)
2. Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group
3. Follow on Instagram: #samplerspreeqal@yardgrl60@modafabrics@martingaletpp, @twiddletails
4. Share your progress on Instagram using #samplerspreeqal

No comments:

Post a Comment