Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Sampler Spree - Week 10

This is the final week! I really loved making these little orange blocks.  After 105 (I skipped Block 60) blocks, I am glad it's over though.

Now to choose a sashing color. Any suggestions?


The blocks are:

  • #9 - Tussy Mussy
  • #11 - Lacy Lattice Work
  • #26 - Gift Box
  • #45 - Courthouse Steps
  • #53 - Cheyenne
  • #57 - Checkers
  • #61 - Maple Star
  • #70 - Spinning Tops
  • #74 - Nine-Patch Star
  • #77 - Thrifty
Tips:

1. If EVER there was a block that requires you to lay out everything ahead of time and be methodical, it's Block 9. As you may notice, I flipped the bottom right corner at one point.
Here are my steps:





2. Block 57: I used strips for this block as follows.
Cut 3 strips 2" x 6" out of orange fabric and 2 strips 1.25" x 6" out of white. Make a strip set as below and sub cut it into three 2" sections.
Cut 3 strips 2" x 1.25" out of white fabric and 2 strips 1.25" x 2.5" out of green. Make a strip set as below and cut into 1.25" sections.



3. Block 77: I never make four patches by cutting squares. Cut strip(s)of background fabric and strip(s) of navy fabric 1.5" wide by a little more than 15". Sew them together along the long side and cut into 1.5" sections. Make four patches using these sections.




I hope my tips have helped.

Here are my orange blocks:






There is another free project this month - a table runner for Halloween. It uses Block 56.

I have uploaded the PDF pattern to the Twiddletails Quilt Alongs Facebook group.
All the other free projects are in the "files" section too.

Moda's blog post is over here.

It's not too late to join in:

1. Join the Twiddletails Quilt Alongs Facebook group (free projects will be uploaded here.)
2. Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group
3. Follow on Instagram: #samplerspreeqal@yardgrl60@modafabrics@martingaletpp, @twiddletails
4. Share your progress on Instagram using #samplerspreeqal

No comments:

Post a Comment