Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Sampler Spree - Week 8

Week 8! This week's color is brown/tan. I do not have any brown or tan scraps, so I decided to use mostly purple.

I'm not in love with any of my purple blocks.  Firstly I don't like the color purple. Secondly I am running out of light colored scraps for the backgrounds and found a really pretty (but busy!) butterfly print, which makes some of the blocks kind of scattered looking.

All that being said, I'm pretty sure they will blend in well with the other blocks.


The blocks are:

  • #10 - Squash Blossom
  • #15 - Jacksonville Square
  • #21 - Our Editor
  • #28 - Prayer Meeting
  • #36 - Farm Friendliness
  • #47 - Anvil
  • #54 - All Roads Point To Home
  • #83 - Basket
  • #89 - Equinox
  • #92 - Geese & Goslings

Tips:

1. An assembly sequence for Block 10, which has LOTS of pieces.



2. Block 21: Press the HST seams toward the light fabric so they'll nest nicely with the flying geese.

3. Block 89: Instead of cutting squares to make four patches, cut a 1 1/4" by 10" strip of light fabric and a 1 1/4" by 10" strip of dark fabric and sew them together along the long sides. I only had short pieces, so I made a couple to add up to the right length.
Cut the strip(s) into eight 1 1/4" sections and make four patches.
Assemble as follows:


Here are my 10 brown/tan (uhm, purple...) blocks:






Moda's blog post is over here.

It's not too late to join in:

1. Join the Twiddletails Quilt Alongs Facebook group (free projects will be uploaded here.)
2. Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group
3. Follow on Instagram: #samplerspreeqal@yardgrl60@modafabrics@martingaletpp, @twiddletails
4. Share your progress on Instagram using #samplerspreeqal

No comments:

Post a Comment