Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Sampler Spree - Week 7

Only 3 more weeks and we'll have a pretty quilt top!


The blocks are:

  • #4 - Split Nine-Patch
  • #16 - Lattice
  • #29 - Grandma's Square
  • #32 - Mr. Roosevelt's Necktie
  • #41 - Big T
  • #65 - Snail's Trail
  • #73 - New Neighbor
  • #78 - The Sickle
  • #87 - Framed Nine-Patch
  • #100 - Hatchet
Tip:

For years I cut my squares for HSTs (half square triangles) to the exact size to give me the size block I'd like. This is 7/8" larger that what you'd like your finished block to be. I really didn't like the idea of trimming. I could never get perfectly square and flat units.
I finally gave up and am now trimming all my HSTs.
When a pattern calls for exact cutting sizes like this one, I either cut the squares 1/8" larger (1" larger than I'd like my finished block to be) or, if I forget, sew scant seams.
And then I trim...

Here are my 10 pink/purple blocks:









Moda's blog post is over here.

It's not too late to join in:

1. Join the Twiddletails Quilt Alongs Facebook group (free projects will be uploaded here.)
2. Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group
3. Follow on Instagram: #samplerspreeqal@yardgrl60@modafabrics@martingaletpp, @twiddletails
4. Share your progress on Instagram using #samplerspreeqal

No comments:

Post a Comment