Friday, July 23, 2021

Sampler Spree - Week 6

 I do not have many navy fabrics in my scrap bin but I managed to make this work.


The blocks are:

  • #6 - Kites
  • #18 - Chisholm Trail
  • #23 - New Album
  • #30 - Donuts
  • #48 - Dutch Windmill
  • #62 - Far West
  • #64 - Americana
  • #69 - Goblets
  • #81 - Susan's Puzzle
  • #85 - Toy Boat
  • #106 - Cutting Corners

Tips:

1. I reverted to foundation piecing for Block 6. Templates are just not my thing. Whenever I struggle with templates, I revert to foundation piecing.

If you'd like to use this method, I uploaded a PDF template to the "Files" section of the Twiddletails Quilt Alongs Facebook group. (Remember to print at 100% and add the 1/4" seam allowance.)


2. An "assembly sequence" for Block 30:

1. 2.

3.4.

5.


Here are my 11 navy blocks:









Moda's blog post is over here.

It's not too late to join in:

1. Join the Twiddletails Quilt Alongs Facebook group (free projects will be uploaded here.)
2. Join the Moda Blockheads Facebook group
3. Follow on Instagram: #samplerspreeqal@yardgrl60@modafabrics@martingaletpp
4. Share your progress on Instagram using #samplerspreeqal

No comments:

Post a Comment