Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Another Quilt Along!

In all honesty, I do not need another quilt-along in my life. This one is too good to pass up though.

Moda is hosting a this quilt-along using the new book by Susan Ache (@yardgrl60 on Instagram):

"Sampler Spree: 100+ Fresh & Fun Quilt Blocks".

This is a scrappy quilt. Every week, we will make 10-12 blocks. Every week will be assigned a different color, for instance the color for week 1 is blue, so we'll make all 10 blocks using blue scraps.

You can, of course, use any fabrics and colors you choose. A couple of layer cakes would make for a lovely coordinated quilt.

There are instructions for 106 blocks in the book. The cover quilt uses 100 of them. The blocks are 6" x 6".

Details:
Start date: 6/16/2021
End date: 8/18/2021
Frequency: 10-13 blocks a week
Block size: 6" x 6"
Hashtag to use on social media: #samplerspreeqal

I am not very clear about the other details yet, so be sure to follow Twiddletails on Instagram and/or join the Twiddletails Quilt Alongs Facebook group. I will post updates as I get them.

Here are samples of some of the blocks. Aren't they pretty?


I'm planning to dig into my scrap bins for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment