Wednesday, June 2, 2021

My Favorite Color is Moda Sew Along - Blocks 7, 8, & 9

 And there goes another month! Is it just me or is time flying faster than usual?

This month's block is really simple. You'll make the same block in 3 different sizes.

Disclaimer: Sometimes I will change the pattern instructions a little bit because a different way works better for me. This does not mean that the pattern won't work exactly as written. If you follow the pattern, your blocks will still turn out fine.

Tips/Instructions:

1. Pin the larger half square triangles before sewing. It really helps keep the layers together.

2. You can do a lot of chain piecing here, which will speed up the process significantly.

3. Press all seams away from the HSTs and the center square.

4. When sewing the rows together, press toward the center or the block.

and last, but not least,

5. Remember to make THREE of block 9.

NOTE: As of the writing of this post, I still have a couple of kits left in the Primrose Garden, Trading Post and Pink Lemonade colorways.  I also have patterns for sale individually if you'd like to make your own version.

I'd love it if you join the Facebook Group and/or post pictures on Instagram and mention the blog (and tag @twiddletails) if you find this post helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment