Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Leaves in the Forest Quilt Along - Introduction

I'm SO excited to be making this quilt and hope to have a bunch of people go through the process with me!


Schedule

now to 8/31: Collect your fabric and supplies and purchase the pattern.

8/31-10/4: Weekly block instructions will be posted on this blog.


How to follow along

I will be posting the instructions on this blog. There will possibly be instructional videos as well if I can get my act together.

I will announce when a new post is available both on Facebook and Instagram. You can also sign up below for weekly notifications.

We will be using the hashtag #leavesintheforestqal


The Pattern

The pattern we'll be using is my new Leaves in the Forest pattern.

All the blocks except the maple leaves are foundation (paper) pieced. The pattern does not include foundation piecing instructions but there are many tutorials online.

This is a good pattern for beginners because the segments are not too small.

The quilt finishes at 66" x 66".

(Get 50% OFF the pattern if you purchase the kit as well.)


Fabric Requirements

5 yards of  "background" fabric - I'm using Moda Grunge 30150-91 Vanilla.

1 Moda Grunge 12 Color Fabric Bundle - Fall/Autumn (0.5 yard size)

                                                    or

A total of 6 yards of fall colored fabrics of your choice

Foundation paper for printing or tracing the patterns


General Notes

The pattern includes an extra file with optional cutting instructions.  I will be using these as we go along.

You are welcome to use your own method but the fabric quantities are based on these instructions and you may need more fabric.

Let's go!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely don't need a new project. But I just happened to finish a project with some leftover olive green, and another one with orange. And it showed up in my blog feed just as I was thinking that I need a project that I can work on in short bursts and still feel like I"m moving along. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete