Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Leaves in the Forest Quilt Along - An Update

After much contemplation, I have realized that hosting a quilt along the way I want to at this point in time would be close to impossible.

I am currently sharing my office/sewing room with my hubby who is a wonderful office mate but it is really hard to sew consistently because his job involves a lot of conference calls.

I also want to provide videos every week because a picture is worth a thousand words.

I've been wracking my brain trying to find an alternate solution for sewing / video recording but have not come up with a solution that would not disrupt the rest of our routine.

Over and above that, we have multiple other unforeseen stressors in our lives right now. It never rains but it pours, right?

With all that being said, I am canceling or at least postponing this quilt along for now.

If you have bought the pattern and/or kit, I will always be available for questions.

I am posting the schedule I had planned for the quilt along below and am going to try and keep up with it myself.

Planned Quilt Along Schedule:

Week 1: Blocks 1 & 2a

Week 2: Blocks 2b & 3

Week 3: Blocks 4, 5a

Week 4: Blocks 5b, 6

Final week: Assemble quilt top

I'm SO sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!





4 comments:

  1. Take care! We will be here when things settle down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please know that everything you do is greatly appreciated! Sending you BIG HUGS and wishing you all the best during these crazy times! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anina, you are so smart to recognize your limitations and not ignore them. I can't imagine trying to fit in my sewing around an office-in-use! I'm having a hard time just getting to my sewing room, even though it's my happiest place. These are strange and worrisome times. You are not alone, and as MB (above) said, we'll be right here when you're ready to go on. Stay safe & healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to come up with a way to do a simplified version.

      Delete