Thursday, December 31, 2015

Little Penguin Mini Quilt

Yay! Snuck one more in successfully.

Little Penguin Mini Quilt
I decided not to quilt the polka dot background and I'm not sure if that was a good idea. I may change that. I quite like the three-dimensional yellow inner border though.

Upon further investigation it turns out that I actually did have 4 finishes before this, so now I have five. This is MUCH better than 2013 when I had zero. I'll post pictures of all the 2015 finishes tomorrow.

I'll be hanging it on my mini quilt wall as soon as I can get my hands on more clips to hang it from.

The block pattern is "Little Penguin", available on Craftsy. If anyone is interested in the measurements for the borders, etc., let me know. It's 16" x 16", so will make a cute little pillow cover, I think.

1 comment:

  1. The flanged border is very effective-- as is the swirly quilting on the penguin's belly. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete