Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I Took the Bait

Links and photos related to the 365 Challenge (click on the link at your own peril if you haven't been corrupted yet) have been popping up everywhere. I resisted as long as I could but finally succumbed to temptation.

The principle of the challenge is to make a block a day for 365 days. At the end of the year you will have the blocks to make a stunning 90"x 90" quilt. Something like this:


I was a little intimidated by the sheer size of it but then realized that I don't have to make a ginormous quilt if I don't want to. I can do as much as I feel I can handle.

That being said, I'm pretty fired up right now, so here are my first 6 blocks:
365 Challenge First 6 Blocks
The plan is to use 30's Reproduction fabrics in red, white, and blue. The first blocks are for the dark inner section and I'll keep them mostly blue, I think.

As I was making the blocks, I realized that there will probably be some standard widths, especially since the first 96 blocks are all 3"x 3".
I'm organizing my strips by size. Right now I have the 1 1/2" and 2" strips separated in zip bags. The last block calls for 1 1/4" strips but I decided to just cut down some of the 1 1/2" ones. I want to be careful not to have too many things to sort through.
Strip Organization
All the fabrics I'm using are available in the store. If you'd like more details, let me know.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I don’t intend to make the whole beast! That’s way too huge for me. As I’m working from my stash I will keep going as long as I love it.
    Your blue fabrics are lovely!

    ReplyDelete