Monday, April 19, 2010

Pinwheel Party Week 8

Right on time this week.

Block 8:

Pinwheel Party Block 8

Download the pattern here. (You will need Adobe Reader. You can download it at http://get.adobe.com/reader.)
Links to all the previous blocks can be found in the sidebar.


The Pinwheel Party pattern is now available for purchase on Craftsy and Etsy.

(If you want to get a head start on th
e sashing & border, you're going to need twenty-four 2"(finished) pinwheels. That means you will have to cut your squares 1 7/8". You will need at least 3 of each color. Directionality will be as in Block 8. Details will follow in Week 13.)
Happy Sewing!

8 comments:

  1. This is my third try at leaving a comment -- I really thought I'd succeeded the last time.

    My math says we need 4 2" pinwheels of each color. Of course, my math always gives me twice as much binding strip as I need, well, maybe not always ...

    Anyway, again, thanks for being there, I'm loving this adventure. ethel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for Week 8. The more blocks I make, the more I'm loving my soon-to-be quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have last weeks blocks as C1 - but this one seems to be C1 too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the quilt is coming together! I’m happy with the fabric choices and I will patiently wait for your binding instructions!

    Thanks again Anina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you meant cutting the quares to 2 7/8" for the sashing/border pinwheels? Just to be sure :o) This will be such a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I figured it out, I misunderstood. i thought the HST were going to be 2", but it is the pinwheel block. Sorry :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These blue and purple fabrics look stunning together with black in between!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew, those tiny sashing pinwheels are tough! It's good I got an early start on them... I'm not sure I can do more than 1 color per day.

    ReplyDelete