Thursday, August 30, 2018

Leaves in the Forest Step 1

I get a huge amount of satisfaction from checking things off lists. I guess I get a kick out of seeing visual proof of my progress toward the end of any task.
My version of a "list" for the "Leaves in the Forest" quilt is a progress diagram. I'm ahead of the game right now, but I have a couple of trips planned in the next few months (did someone say Quilt Festival?!?!?), so I need to be proactive.


The goal for the first part of the Quilt a Forest quilt along is to make 6 of Block #1 by September 8th. Since I'm replacing some of the blocks with maple leaves, this meant 4 #1 Blocks and 2 Maple Leaves (and an extra one because I made the first one in the wrong color).

It's not too late to join in. Both The Quilt Tree and Twiddletails are sponsoring giveaways for quilt-along participants on Instagram, so be sure to hop on over there for all the details! (just search for #quiltaforest or #geeseintheforest)

If you love these colors as much as I do, there are still kits in the Etsy store.

2 comments:

  1. This project looks like quite an undertaking! It does look like fun tho. I have been cleaning out my quilting room and have found several projects I have started over the last 30 years and never finished. I finally gave them to a lady in our area that takes all kinds of partially finished projects, finishes them, and donates them to shelters, hospitals, charities etc. I figured that would at least get them finished and used and loved by someone. My room looks a lot better too! I do love this Forest quilt tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. Our guild has a sale each year and I donate the unfinished projects I'm never going to complete. One quilter's trash is another quilter's treasure.

      Delete