Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I'm using my scraps!

In March, Bonnie Hunter visited our guild. I've admired her use of scraps to make stunning quilts for years and, between my recent scrap organization frenzy, her visit, and an urgent need for a retreat project, I determined it was time to make a scrappy quilt. After much research (thank you Pinterest), I decided on the Garden Party quilt because it uses a variety of scraps and all 1/2" strips, which I have a ton of.

I found the book containing the pattern on amazon.com. The printed version is $19.99 and the Kindle version $9.99 so, for the first time ever, I decided to buy a digital "picture book".


I cut all the background strips (solid scraps, because somehow I don't have light scraps) in advance and, come retreat time, I was ready to get to work.
When I got home, I put all the blocks up on the design wall to gauge my progress. Not bad, but I have to make 100 "flower" blocks, so I have a long way to go.
Back at it this morning.

6 comments:

  1. I must admit that I've become sold on scrappy quilts. They always seem to look so cheerful with the mix of colors. Love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's fabulous! Bonnie is coming to our LQS tomorrow and I'm attending her lecture. This makes me look forward to it even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! Her quilts are amazing and she's a really good speaker.

      Delete
  3. This looks so beautiful! All your scraps work beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete