Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wow!

I didn't mean to disappear for two weeks.  Did you miss me?

Around here there has been disease and illness, a busy Thanksgiving, and trying to catch up on some things so I can have some Joy in the New Year.

I just haven't had any photos to share (I'm sure you don't want to see my red-nosed family members) and I hate posts without photos.

The biggest progress I've made has been completing and scanning in all the Rainbow Jane blocks.  While I make each block as I write the instructions, sometimes the applique and scanning parts get left behind because I run out of time.  Let's just say I've been doing a lot of applique in the last couple of weeks.  Most of the appliqued ones have not been scanned in yet and I still have a couple to complete.
I love this quilt.  If you think you have the patience to make one, I have free instructions over on my "That Quilt" blog, where I'm making my original Jane quilt (the one before Rainbow Jane).  I promise you will be a much better quilter at the end of the process.


I also made some progress on Grandmother's Flower Garden and the Cathedral Window quilt.
This week I have to make the back for "Wild Thing" so I can get it quilted and handed over before Christmas.

And the February 2010 American Patchwork & Quilting magazines have arrived in the store.  How crazy is that?


See?  I have been busy.  What have you been up to?

15 comments:

  1. February magazines out already! wow I haven't looked, that is kind of early isn't it. Love your blocks, I have been busy picking up work on my second jane now that the first one was completed. So far we have escaped sickness - knock wood.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dear Jane blocks are beautiful. I have started following your That Quilt blog and I agree with you... it is like going to quilt school. Hopefully I will have much better skills by completing my Dear Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE the sunshine block! Got a tutorial somewhere for that? I have a quilt that will be perfect for it.

    The suns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. I’ve indeed become a better quilter from making the dear jane blocks. They are challenging again and again, but the result is so satisfying!

    Good luck with all the projects. I hope all the red noses will be ‘normal’ coloured soon... though red noses in December aren’t that bad. You just have to put some moo-horns on your head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dear Jnae blocks look really fantastic, I am afraid I have only done squares so far!! suzie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did miss you. . .I lurked each day. I'm sorry you and yours have been ill. Love your Dear Jane blocks~I love new twists on the traditional. Enjoy December!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blocks... the wonderful colors and the interesting patterns!! You're so talented and ambitious!!

    We moved but I haven't moved my sewing machine yet! We'll be at out Green Bay house tomorrow so I'll add that to my growing list!! I want to make a table runner!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back. I missed you! Glad to know you've just been busy, and all is ok.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! I think I'm going to start a Jane quilt sometime next year, after I finish up a few UFOs (one that's a few years old). I've been wanting to do it for a long time but didn't want to start it while I had other insane projects in my queue. :) I will definitely be referencing your That Quilt blog when I get started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you've certainly been busy! I've been busy trying to finish an order of commissioned quilts (three queens!)... one down, two to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have missed you-- but it really looks like you have been busy! I swear... no matter how productive I actually am, at this time of year I always feel waaaay behind. :) I'm so not ready for December to be here.

    Your Rainbow Jane blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just noticed that date on that issue of APQ - how weird to see February 2010 printed on something! Love your Rainbow Jane blocks. You have been so very busy and productive. I'm jealous cuz I'm starting to lose steam again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that you are feeling better. I was actually wondering where you were. I am just adoring all your projects!! You truly inspire me!! My style too, bright and cheerful. And what is up with February issues out already, are we just rushing 2009 away a wee bit?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed you! I just figured your store swallowed you up! I love your DJ blocks -- so bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I missed you. You sure do have a lot going on! And I love them all.

    ReplyDelete