Friday, October 26, 2012

Two projects at a time

I've decided to go back to the days when I only worked on one or two projects at a time - one machine and one handwork item.
It feels like I managed to get much more done this way.
I'm just not a very good multi-tasker when it comes to sewing.
My current focus:
1. Finishing my Rainbow Jane quilt top.

Untitled
2. Completing the granny square blanket. I'm up to 15 x 10 squares (the photo is old and it's too dark to take a new one right now). The plan is 15 x 12 squares with a border.
Granny Afghan
Today, however, I have to go buy supplies for Houston!!!

5 comments:

  1. I envy you your trip to Houston, I know several others that are going on that trip.
    I know what you mean about working on just two projects at a time, one by hand one by machine. I tend to always get more done that way too although I always go back to more projects - but I try to stick to two - I'm just not good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anina!! My friend is teaching, well re-teaching, me how to make granny squares next weekend. I'm so excited! Your afghan wip is lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we tend to get a bit carried away with choosing new fabrics and starting a new project and the old ones get left behind a bit. I'm still trying to finish the quilting on my Dear Jane, hopefully by the end of next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo!!! Have fun in Houston!!!

    I've been trying to focus my efforts lately too. Here's hoping it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very good way to work. I'm trying to do the same but it takes A LOT of discipline! I keep seeing things I want to start. :o)

    ReplyDelete