Friday, September 30, 2011

These Blocks are Ginormous!

They started off at 15" but then I found a fabric that coordinates SO perfectly that I felt the need to add a 1" border all the way around.
Now I have 17" blocks!

Blocks
I wasn't planning on making a twin sized quilt. Without sashing or borders this will be 51" x 68" and I'll have to add sashing.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

UPDATE: I think I found somewhat of a solution. Let's just say that, if stupidity was a disease, I'd be dead. Stay tuned.

(Fabric used: http://www.etsy.com/listing/82324772/12-days-of-christmas-quilt-fabric-bundle & http://www.etsy.com/listing/82877305/bright-striped-cotton-quilt-fabric-1)

7 comments:

  1. This is going to be a lovely quilt. Love the fabrics, they are so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have those moments, and blogger put them on display! Love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Can't wait to see what solution you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I love Kate Spain! Bigger quilt just means more people can cuddle under it on the couch on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks are REALLY gorgeous, mine never seem to come together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blocks look fantastic!!
    Good luck with solving your problem :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo... this is a fun looking project! I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete