Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sewing!

Woohoo!
I'm SO happy to be sewing again. My sewing machine seems a bit foreign to me. I haven't seen her in a while.

I've decided to tackle the WIPs, starting with Christmas since it's around the corner. Really!

This was a quilting bee project with my quilt group. The blocks shown here were made by the group members. I'm hoping to add the missing ones today.

The blocks are 15" x 15". There will be 12. I'm using a fabric panel as the centers and just a random log-cabin-ish design. (I probably should have ironed these before I took the photos...)


The 12 Days of Christmas!

Twelve drummers drumming...

Eleven pipers piping,
Day 11
Ten lords a-leaping,
Day 10
Nine ladies dancing,
Day 9
Eight maids a-milking,
Day 8
Seven swans a-swimming...

Six geese a-laying,
Day 6
Five golden rings,
Day 5
Four calling birds,
Day 4
Three French hens...

Two turtle doves...

And a partridge in a pear tree!
Day 1

Merry Early Christmas!!!

(I've added a listing for fabric bundles to my Etsy store.  These contain enough fabric to make all the blocks although I haven't quite decided on sashing yet.  Probably white.)


5 comments:

  1. Merry Early Christmas Anina! Your blocks look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are happy! Isn't it just a wonderful feeling when you finally "rediscover" your sewing machine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blocks! I have gotten very little sewing done these past 3 weeks.
    I must get back to it.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete