Saturday, April 18, 2009

Quilting bee (and ants)

I did a little bit of bee (or is that ant?) sewing yesterday.
SewConnected 3 - April
Amy's quilt for the SewConnected 3 bee is a picnic quilt and she sent the cutest ant and picnic blanket fabrics, with some solid-ish ones thrown in. She mentioned that she liked applique, so I figured I'd throw some in there.

Hope you like it Amy!

Applique detail (I really did not want this to come off in the wash...):
SewConnected 3 - April
(If you'd like to see the cute blocks others have made, do visit the Flickr group.)

Pin It!

18 comments:

Natasha said...

Love this block! Great job.

kangaroo said...

how darling! it would make an adorable summer wall hanging too.

Andi said...

Awesome. Such a great idea!

Stephanie said...

How cute and clever!

rachel griffith said...

SUPER cute.

and hey...you did you quilting bee block.
hi-5!!!

Jackie said...

What a terrific block! Makes me want to have a picnic!

Thimbleanna said...

That's adorable! I love that you did the applique with it -- very clever. And just say the word -- I can send real ants to include in your package LOL!

I Love Baby Quilts! said...

So cute! I have ants fabric, but they are on a red checked tablecloth ground.

amandajean said...

that is a FANTASTIC quilt block! well done, Anina!

Trisha said...

So cute and so creative!!

heather said...

I really like these blocks!!! How very fun!!

Lisa said...

That is way cute! Love the ant fabric.

Kerri said...

oh, my goodness! i love this!! what a great idea!!

Priscilla said...

cute! This is so cute!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Oh how fun.

Bed Linen said...

This is absolutely awesome

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

That is adorable. I've had this design in my head for a while too.

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Your block is adorable!!