Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spring has sprung

After the longest winter EVER, it's finally Spring in the garden.

When this happens I remember why it rains so much out here. This beauty would not be possible without it.
(The photo would not upload any bigger. Please click on it for more detail)

I used to hate slugs and snails but now I just don't plant their favorite food and I don't have to be stressed out about their presence. They're kind of cute when they're babies.

I haven't been doing any sewing lately. This is a very busy week.

15 comments:

  1. You're officially in spring, and over here, well, we're already transitioning into summer. Sigh - it all goes by so fast these days! Before you know it your baby snails will be all grown up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is gorgeous and so green. I just love spring (even though this has certainly not been a "normal" spring!)

    I had never seen a banana slug until I moved to Seattle. Eeecchh! Probably the most disgusting creature I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just out of interest which plants have you had to avoid because of the slugs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are nothing short of lucious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous. Is this your back yard? What a wonderful place to sit and enjoy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful corner of your garden! Last week I saw a blackbird pick a snail from a plant pot to feed his young birds...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning - I bet you are so glad for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm jealous. Our azaleas and dogwoods were done weeks ago!

    Your garden is so lush and green. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful garden pictures! I love the color fuschia, it is my favorite!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful is your garden??

    ReplyDelete