Friday, December 21, 2007

First Mitten (I hope)


Conversation between Jennifer (the Socksgiving Angel) and I after yesterday's post:
Jennifer: "How could you knit mittens and not be able to knit socks?"
Me: "I don't know that I can knit mittens. I thought I'd give it a whizz."
Jennifer: "Ahhh, the truth, I was wondering about you and that thumb gusset."
Me (silently): "Uh-oh..."

And why would I pick the most complicated pattern I could find for my first mitten? Because I'm a nut case like to challenge myself.
(Did I mention that I've never tried stranded knitting before either?)

Pin It!

10 comments:

Lil D said...

They're looking good so far.

Mama Urchin said...

I say jump right in!

Cristina said...

LOL. You go girl ;)

amandajean said...

um...no surprise that they are pink! they look fantastic so far.

campbellgirl said...

That is so pretty! You are doing well, keep up the good work!

Kieny said...

You're doing a good job they look very pretty.

wyndesnow said...

Good luck on the mittens, it looks good right now! In case I'm not online again before Christmas....Have a Merry Christmas!

Katie Jean said...

I don't know anything about knitting, but I think it looks great so far!

CONNIE W said...

Recently discovered your blog and am just stopping by to say hello. I'm not a knitter...yet...but I'm taking lessons.

Penny Sanford Fikes said...

Love your writing style! I have complete faith in your ability to knit whatever you set your mind to knit! You are quite a talented lady!
Fondly,
Penny
www.pennysanford.typepad.com