Friday, December 21, 2007

First Mitten (I hope)


Conversation between Jennifer (the Socksgiving Angel) and I after yesterday's post:
Jennifer: "How could you knit mittens and not be able to knit socks?"
Me: "I don't know that I can knit mittens. I thought I'd give it a whizz."
Jennifer: "Ahhh, the truth, I was wondering about you and that thumb gusset."
Me (silently): "Uh-oh..."

And why would I pick the most complicated pattern I could find for my first mitten? Because I'm a nut case like to challenge myself.
(Did I mention that I've never tried stranded knitting before either?)

10 comments:

  1. um...no surprise that they are pink! they look fantastic so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! You are doing well, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing a good job they look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the mittens, it looks good right now! In case I'm not online again before Christmas....Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anything about knitting, but I think it looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recently discovered your blog and am just stopping by to say hello. I'm not a knitter...yet...but I'm taking lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your writing style! I have complete faith in your ability to knit whatever you set your mind to knit! You are quite a talented lady!
    Fondly,
    Penny
    www.pennysanford.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete