Friday, October 26, 2007

Schizophrenic reading and other things

If anybody should ever ask me what I like to read, the answer will clearly be hard to come by. Looking at my list of recent reads this morning (you can see them on the left here), I had a true sense that I really don't know what I like. Or maybe I just appreciate a varied range of books. I just finished reading Paulo Coelho's "The Alchemist" - rather deep reading. When I got to the library yesterday, I discovered that I had put Debbie Macomber's "Dakota Born" on hold - the complete opposite - sugary romance. I don't have any memory of putting this on hold and can, for the life of me, not figure out why I did. The truth is that I'm enjoying this little light hearted break from deep thought.

The granny race is neck and neck...


Junie Moon gave me a "You make me Smile" award. It's my first blog award. And this right after the pincushion "publication". Wow, I'm flattered!


Happy weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. the granny squares are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably put it on hold for the same reason that I bought it, because Happy Zombie made us do it! It was a quick fun read and yes, sugary sweet! But I can't wait for the next book in the series that comes out in December.

    Cute granny squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I think the people at the library are probably looking at the books I check out and wondering what in the world:) So I can relate to the weird reading habits.

    So who is officially winning the granny square race right now? Yours are the ones in the back right? Both are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm rooting for you in the granny race! And I'm the same with reading. I figure you have to exercise all sides of your brain, even the sickly sweet romance-y parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The granny squares look lovely and I hope you meet your goal soon.

    You deserved the award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first blog award? That amazes me, if I had only known... to me you deserve them all, so hereby I award you with the rockin girl blogger award, the you make me smile award, the nice matters award and the you make wonderful pin-cushions award! I really presumed you had them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first blog award? That amazes me, if I had only known... to me you deserve them all, so hereby I award you with the rockin girl blogger award, the you make me smile award, the nice matters award and the you make wonderful pin-cushions award! I really presumed you had them all!

    ReplyDelete