Monday, June 11, 2007

Creamy beige with a touch of pink

The weekend was quite productive.

Inspired by Katie's "Use what you have" challenge, and a longtime need for a "WIP bag", I rummaged around in my stash and made MY FIRST TOTE! Not having a pattern and having to figure everything out by trial and error, it was quite an undertaking, but I'm rather pleased.

I finally finished the ten pound ripple! Woohoo! I weighed it - it actually weighs "only" 7lbs, but, considering the fact that it's a lap sized afghan, that is a LOT! It is very warm and cuddly, but will now have to go spend the summer in the linen closet with the other winter warmies.

Fatcat was very confused by this thing that had suddenly appeared on her patio...

And that brings me to another one of my weekend activities...
I cleaned out the linen closet. I feel like leaving the door permanently open for everyone to behold this achievement.

What a great start to the week!

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty bag, love the pinks in the pockets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The linen closet is amazingly neat. The ripple looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new tote bag!

    I really need to clean our closets out... I keep meaning to, but it just seems so overwhelming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your very fist tote??? It's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY impressive!! The ripple is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe that is your FIRST tote!! You did a fantastic job, it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tote turned out pretty awesome. Love your curious kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice job on your bag, I love the fabrics!!

    Congrats on your 7lb bundle of joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that bag! I am so impressed that you didn't use a pattern at all for your first attmept, and it came out looking oh-so-lovely. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...that's all I can say! I'm speechless with your industry! Such beautiful things! And oh my that linen closet, no wonder little bear and little baby have chosen to live in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness...I just hopped over here from Daisy Cottage and I was reading through your archives...My daughter showed me the picture of your afghan last week. She saw it on the Ripple Along and loved the colors. I'll have to share your blog with her. I am enjoying reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete